How to manage trap by a poller
This feature is only avalaible since FAN 2.3. First you have already configure a distributed architecture (fan-poller, fan-central and fan-database).
With Centreon 2.3.X, we can translate mibs from the fan-central and generate the SNMPTT configuration for 1 or several fan-poller.
1) From Centreon, we will generate snmptt configuration (used by snmptrapd daemon). Centcore send files configuration by scp
2) Equipements are configured to send SNMP traps to FAN poller
3) centTrapHandlerForPoller-2.x plugin is invoked when a trap is understood by Snmptrapd
4) centTrapHandlerForPoller-2.x retrieve information Service and Host in FAN database
5) centTrapHandlerForPoller-2.x send external command to Nagios
For Snmptrapd understand the snmp trap, you must translate the MIB. On fan-central, Go to Configuration > Services >MIBs
- Choose a Vendor Name
- Load MIB File
Generate SNMP Traps
On fan-central, Go to Configuration > Nagios > SNMP Traps
Choose a poller where configuration will be sended and click Generate
Create a Service
Go to Configuration > Services > Add
- Check “Active Checks Enabled” NO
- Check Passive Checks Enabled YES
- Check Notification Enabled YES
- Choose your Contacts or Contact Group
- Linked with Hosts : choose a host who is monitored by a poller
- Service Trap Relation, choose a Manufacture and SNMP Trap
Comments are closed.